17 years ago
Thursday, January 1, 2009
The last Two days of 2008
Ok, so the last two days of 2008 was the hardest days of the year.. Unfortunately a really good family friend lost her very courageous fight against leukemia!! On Tuesday my mom and I went down to St. Marks hospital to she Chris, and I am so glad we did. Wednesday morning she decided she had accomplished her journey here and moved on the next level of her life!!! Chris you will be missed and loved always!!!!! I dropped my mom off at her truck at about 7:10pm Tuesday night. I stopped on my way home to get my family some dinner. When I got home I called her house to make sure she made it home and her phone was busy. So I thought I will take a bath and then call her back!! I thought it was kind of weird because they have call waiting but I did not think to much in to it. Then when I got in the tub my home phone rang. It was my father-in-law and he wanted to know why the ambulance and fire trucks were at my mom and dads house. I of course panicked jumped out of the tub threw clothes on and ran over to their house. When I pulled up their was so many vehicle there I had to park at the neighbors house. When I ran up to the house my father-in-law said "Its your mom they are working on her on the floor" I ran right into the house. By then they had her on a gurney and was getting ready to load her in the ambulance. I tried to talk to her and she would not respond. I started to cry and asked my dad "What Happened?" He said she took an antibiotic for a sinus infection and apparently she was allergic to it. She blacked out several times before the ambulance got there. My dad was going to take her to the hospital but she kept going in and out of consciousness. So he called 911. Thank goodness he did or she would not be here today!!! When the EM T's got to her her blood pressure was almost non existent. They started injecting her with all kinds of stuff they started an IV and forced air to help her breath. I drove my dad to the hospital and my moms niece Cheryl and her husband Joel came to the hospital and sat with us all night. They had to give her reversals and do blood work and x-rays. Since she just had neck surgery they had to make sure she did not damage anything when she went down. They had to wait for all of her vital signs to go back to normal before they could let her go home. Some of the meds they gave her made her sick. I felt bad for her. I just want to Thank Cheryl and Joel for all there love and support not only for that night but for all you have done for Chris and the help and support you give my mom. Thank You so much we love you and your family!!! We are very lucky that my dad was home with my mom or she would not have been with us to bring in 2009!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy moly, glad she is okay! That is scary!
Post a Comment